Saturday, June 11, 2011

reading habits of my eight year old girl.

this kid cracks me up!

she loves to read.  we have busted her many times reading as she walks home, nose completely buried in her book…

and she just can’t read one book at at time.

oh no!

she is usually reading at least three at a time.

everyday, she’ll read one chapter out of each book, or a certain amount of pages, and move on to the next one.  once she as read a little from each one, then her reading is done for the day.

what gets me, is that she remembers everything that has happened in each book, details of the characters and plotlines too.

i am afraid that my mind might just jumble all of those books up, and then there would be nothing but sheer confusion.

not with her.

may 003 may 010

this particular week there were four reads going on at once, and she read to me while i painted.  that was funner than boring old music. ;)

4 comments:

BookwormMom said...

Lynn reads the way I do...I almost always have 2 or 3 different books I'm reading. I keep hoping one of my kids will inherit that gift....

Trust me, it will serve her well later in life.

Rachael said...

What a cutie!

anniebobannie said...

she is awesome! I love that she loves reading! I LOVED reading when I was her age.

Jocelyn said...

I would totally get all my story lines and characters switched around. But funny thing is that I was just like that when I was in grade school...I couldn't keep my nose out of books!!!