Friday, November 19, 2010

Day 19.

I am thankful for the most awesome 2 year old ever.

pey_4

(If you happen to have a 2, almost 3 year old, I am sorry to inform you, mine is the most awesome one..)

She keeps us on our toes as to whether or not she will actually go potty IN the potty from day to day.  We celebrate fully, those moments where she makes it.

pey_2

She likes to wake me up long before it is socially appropriate to wake one’s mother.  Her reason for being awake, “I want to watch “Woody-Buzz.”  Most of the time, she gives into my request to snuggle for a little while.  I mostly pray that she will just fall back asleep, but the finger-sucking and twirling of hair (that tickles my face) keeps us both awake, and 45 minutes to an hour into the charade, I give in, and we watch “Woody-Buss”. 

(Okay, I sleep, she watches.)

 pey_3

I am thankful that she “allows” me to have a nap later in the day, while she occupies herself with found treats.

(I need to replenish my stash of dark chocolate orange sticks.)

pey_5

I love that she finds ways to make me laugh each and every day.  She is quite insightful, very observant, and isn’t afraid to say what she sees, or repeat what she hears.  “Man-Boobs” is still going strong!

I always have back-up when it comes to keeping the older two in line.  (That is where the repeating thing comes in.)  I tell them to do something, or not to do something, and she is right there, making sure they heard it.

pey

She is incredible at the hugs, especially knowing when you need one.  She is good at getting Kleenex when you are in need as well.  She has also started a new trend of starting off an “I love you” fest with saying, “I love you too!”  rather than a plain old, “I love you.”

(I am glad to know that she knows I do.)

I am so thankful for the one-on-one time I have with her while the older two are at school.

I am thankful that she misses them, asks repeatedly when we can go and get them, and makes the most of her time playing with them.

pey_1

A new fun little habit she has, wearing her “Jessie boots” darn near every minute of the day.  She did go out of the house today wearing a different pair of shoes today.  I was beside myself.

Although I particularly don’t care for the aforementioned finger-sucking habit, it is most definitely a part of her.  I’ll take it, for now.

those_darn_fingers

I am thankful that she is my little girl, and that I have been entrusted with her  sweet little spirit.

2 comments:

anniebobannie said...

We love Peyton too! She is so stinkin darling and I LOVE her Jesse boots!

Sunshine and Lazy days said...

she is so cute! Those pictures are amazing! Two years olds are the best. it's my favorite age..well, at least, when my kids are at the age....:)