Thursday, June 24, 2010

A rockin’ awesome sunburn.

Today, was Merrill’s day off.

Oh, how we love those kind of days!!

We spent the morning and early afternoon doing yard work.

Then we went up to Merrill’s parents to take a much deserved dip in the pool.

(It was the hottest day of the year, thus far.)

We rescued a dragonfly..

23&24 029

Went diving for sunken treasures.

23&24 032

Chilled..

23&24 041

Wished the cherries would ripen faster!

23&24 044

Laughed, a lot.

23&24 071

It was quite fun to watch Merrill and the girls play different games.  He helped Lynn master treading water.  He was the shark in their game and he feasted on Ashley’s guts for a while, while she screamed (that is what she does best!).  Peyton and I played.  I helped her get comfortable with her back float.  She got comfortable enough to jump into the pool, whether or not someone was there, ready, and waiting to catch her. :O

I also read while Peyton snoozed, and all of the splashing, laughter, and screaming, were the perfect soundtrack for me to also doze off to.

We had a fun day and even managed to live through a wasp sting.  I just hope that Ashley doesn’t remember all of that too clearly.  It might make for more poolside scream fests.

P.S.  Did I mention that we are ALL sporting some sun-kissed skin?  Well, we are, and I love it!

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Sounds like an absolute best summer day...sunburn and all:-p Love it!

Ally's Corner said...

Oh I just love summer, glad you guys are having so much fun!!!

Sunshine and Lazy days said...

I love the pool..alas we have only made it once up to ours! And yeah for Peyton being brave enough to jump in! My little kids are still too scared! :) Yeah for summer and rub some aloe vera on the burns!

Crystal said...

What a wonderful day. Nothing beats picking cherries and eating them in between each dive :-) I love it. Looks like you all had a great time. Hey, would you want to take Victor's 1-year-old pics for me?

Adie said...

What a wonderful day!