Monday, November 9, 2009

I figured it out!!

It has been slightly emotional..
I love my new house..
Not just "love" it, but LOVE it!
There are so many blessings that come with it.. more than just the house..
But I still feel a little sad..  homesick, for the old house.
Whenever I get the chance, I drive past it.
It holds so many memories..  I believe I covered those previously.
But when we got the call the other night, that it had actually recorded (i.e. it was a done deal), I felt my heart do something weird.
It wasn't an excited beat.
It wasn't an anxious beat.
It wasn't a sad beat..
It was weird.
I drove past Saturday morning on my way out to run some errands.
The "For Rent" sign was down.  No one was there, but I knew someone would be soon..
Later that night, as I ran out to get some things for our dinner, I drove past.
There they were.  Them and their big UHaul.  Carrying boxes in just as I had carried them in almost 9 years ago..  then out.
I saw inside the open front door..
Saw the paint.
Saw the floor we put in..
The carpet going down the stairs..
The new door and windows..
The black garage door..
I teared-up..  that was my house.
So many memories.
I came home and told Merrill.
His reaction: "Good Riddance!"
Then it hit me..
That house is like an ex-boyfriend.
I certainly don't want to be with it.
I have many good memories with it.
But I don't want to see anyone else making more good memories with it.
Yup..  I am the jealous type I guess..

5 comments:

Emalee said...

LOL....silly

Annie said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad that you are blogging again:)

By the way, I love the pictures of you below. Merrill did a great job, but then with you in the picture how could he mess up?

That is so exciting that you have a new house. Congrats, on the closing of your old one (I wish I could say the same with my house).

Six-Pack Momma said...

Awwww....I'd be the same way. ;)

Bonnie said...

That was a funny realization! So true isn't it?

Platt Family said...

I totally agree with you and the heart break you feel over an old house. I drive past my old house all the time! I love my new house and it was needed for our families needs, but my old house was a very cozy and nice place to start my family! But you will have great memories at the new place, by the way, where is it?