Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Birthdays Book...

So, one of my goals for the year, was to be a better friend..
One idea how to show my friendship, was to remember birthdays...
My hurdle was how to better organize them all.
Mandy Douglass shared an idea similar to this that uses a $1 brag book from JoAnn's. It was the inspiration I needed..
I covered mine with felt, after I embellished it, of course. I hand stitched the swirls on, ironed on patches (from JoAnn's also), then printed off my text onto ink jet printer fabric. I tacked that on with my sewing machine and I also went around the edges to add a little border.
I took out the flimsy card stock front and back pieces and added more sturdy chipboard.
I glued it all on with the best adhesive ever, FabricTac.
Next step, to fill in all those birthdays!

7 comments:

Six-Pack Momma said...

Too cute!

kdance10 said...

Thats really cute. This thursday with my craft group we are making something similar. Not really the same look ours is more like a calendar. I'll have to post it when i'm done. I think i like your idea better:)

BookwormMom said...

FabricTac is one of my new best crafting friends...as well as the easy way for my non-sewing self to get some projects done!

Ally0005 said...

what a great idea

Bonnie said...

so cute and great idea, I need to organize my peeps b-days

Rachael said...

That sounds really cute!

Aartee said...

hey you've been tagged!