Sunday, December 7, 2008

Weekend update...

We've been quite busy...
Friday, we had our ward party, which had some awesome entertainment I should add :). I know that the world of gasoline is getting back on track when it costs only $16.00 to fill up the civic. I've been slowly decorating my house and I have had a craft room of projects to finish..
That's what I did Saturday... decorating (still not done!) and crafts. Peyton began walking :( or :) I dunno... my emotions are kinda wacky about that.


Today, fast Sunday, and I got to fast!!! For the first time in like, 19 months, and it was just what I needed. I still don't have a calling... and I probably won't be able to sit still on Tuesdays or during Sunday School until I do get one. I know that Dewey understands. He came to me at the ward party, and asked how it felt. I told him I really didn't like it. I was having anxiety and feeling unwanted, not needed. He said that he knew just how I felt. He felt the same way after he was released from the bishopric . It was a month before he got his new calling. He said, "It really hurt because I felt like they didn't need me, and worse yet, the ward kept functioning without me! I wanted to move..." Someone who understands... the ward doesn't quite function the same way without him there... (ahhh Dewey [heart.. sigh.. sniff..] love that guy!) So I'll just have to keep on being patient!
Peyton also cut her other bottom tooth... and nursing is 100% done :(...

5 comments:

Brooke said...

was that a sad "wow" from Merrill? :)

Emalee said...

Oh I can't believe your baby is walking!! How fun. Can't wait to see you Tuesday!!!

Randee Mayes said...

I can't believe she's walking!!! She's growing up WAY to fast!!!

Jenny said...

Oh she is walking! I am so sad already and I have never even officially met her! She sure is cute though!

Rachael said...

I've got it Mindy, I know why you don't have a calling yet. They're waiting to put you in the R.S. presidentsy! I had a dream about it last night. So that must mean it's going to come true! ;)