Sunday, December 21, 2008

A walk through...

Ally did a walk through of her home all decorated for Christmas and I loved it!!! So I am being a copycat...
Here's some of my favorites around the house...
First, my collection of Nativities... most homemade...
This is a new one this year... you can't see it very well, but I did some vinyl lettering in gold around the wreath that says: "Peace, Hope, Love, and Joy..."
This is my "gihugant" gold wreath that is supposed to be on the front door... measured, measured, and measured again... still, it doesn't fit, if you want the door shut... That didn't help get me into the right mood on Thanksgiving.. Mer asked "Well, what do you want to do? Leave it hung on the door and leave the door open?" My reply: "I want to rip that screen door off, and paint the front door black..." I didn't. I want to! But in the interest of time, I found a new home for it, where people can still see it from the door, that door with the rickety old, in the way, screen door...
Our tree... I love it! I made a new star for the top. I think I have 6 presents wrapped under the tree now... better get finished...
Our socks, plus a new addition.. Peyton!
These are new this year too... I couldn't leave these unused so I put the gold paper through the cricut and cut out some well spaced stars and then wrapped the strips around the candles.
And because we believe in the magic of Santa (if you don't... too bad for you!) here are our few Santa things... the girls NEED this sign.
The book on the table houses all of those cute pictures from my flashback post, and the memories and names of those who were there each year. An awesome gift from Darlene the Christmas right after we were engaged.
And my most favorite!! All my Christmas cards.... can you find yours?
Hope your home is all warm and merry...

7 comments:

Rachael said...

Very Cute, Cute, cute, Very cute, Very cute, Cute, cute and Very Very Cute. I like it all.

Carrie Kay said...

I love taking a little peak at other's Christmas decorations. It's so much fun. I love Christmas!

stacy said...

looks like you are all ready. everything in your house looks great, just like always!!!! you amaze me!

Brooke said...

I remember when you dropped your first cookies for santa plate... I felt so bad... Now it's my turn to do this... Even though I don't have very many decorations.

Tiffany said...

Your home and all its decorations look beautiful! I especially love your stockings. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

kdance10 said...

So cute i just might have to copy that idea too. It's fun looking at other peoples decorations.

Ally0005 said...

Love to see your decorations.
Love the comment between you and Mer about the wealth. That is so Phil and I. I have a storm door at my front door I could never put my wreath on my door because of it, so I hangthe wreath on my storm door. It works we all are happy. Love how you have your cards are arranged, looks like the beginning of a Christmas tree.