Friday, September 26, 2008

I am so blessed...


Today Lynn and I went on her first field trip to the nature center. It was so fun riding on the bus with her for her first time! She giggled and giggled at all the bumps and bounces as the bus drove along. She kept hugging me and telling me how happy she was that I was there. "I love you mom! I am so glad you are here with me! This is so fun!"
The people out there were so cute with the kids and so kind! The kids were able to learn so much because their approach to teaching was so awesome.
I just felt so blessed to be able to go with her, not to have to work, to have family close to come watch the other two...
I had four little kindergartners to keep close watch of, and they were some cute kids! One little girl was so shy the whole time. She kept suppressing a smile, she wouldn't quite really smile at me. On the ride home, she really opened up to me and just started chatting away. She was so excited because since we did the field trip in the morning (and they are afternoon kids..) she wouldn't have to go to day care that day. "Day care is gross. There are kids that don't go potty in the bathrooms so there is pee everywhere. Even the mats that we are supposed to sleep on smell like pee." My heart broke! I was so sad for her that those were her life circumstances. I know, some people need the money, some people aren't as blessed as I am, to get to stay home with my kids. But I just felt so badly for her. Then she got all excited... "But I won't have to go to day care or school for the next ten days because my family is going to Disneyland, and Sea World, and Lego Land.."
Yeah, we could have some extras... but being home, making my home and being with my kids, is far far better!

2 comments:

Annie said...

I agree...I feel so blessed that I get to stay home with my kids. It is so rewarding and fun and it is comforting to know what they are up to and how they are being treated.

BookwormMom said...

I'm glad you get to be home with your kids, since that's where you want to be.