Thursday, July 31, 2008

Random ramblings of randomness...

So I was in the shower today, the best place to think;)... and I got a lot of thinking done...
Of course it is all about blogging and what I should really record before it gets forgotten.
Merrill took his first shower since the whole cyst thing happened. He's been taking baths, which he says are disgusting because you are just sitting in a soup of your own filth, so pretty much pointless. He was so relieved to be washing his own hair and to shave his face. I miss the scruff already :(. I suggested a good make-out session to say goodbye to it, he was ready to have it gone.
So work on the deck, otherwise known as "that big hole off the back of my house", has somewhat resumed. I should re-gain my home instead of having "the New Yankee Workshop" in my living room and eating area. Nothing like dining with a chop saw...
We are getting prepared for kindergarten! We have been buying some cute tops (and ribbon to make the matching bows, thanks to Christie...) when we are out. I would have her school supplies all purchased if I could just remember to bring along her supply list! I swear, I've been out to Riverdale at least every other day for the past week and a half. Don't get me started on how much gas I've burned through.
We also briefly talked about moving, down the street but a different ward. LOVED the home... not so much the idea of a new ward, or the minimal yard (we want bigger for the girls), but mostly didn't love the higher monthlies. They wouldn't be awful, or impossible, but we don't want to go give up our comfort level, being able to do extra stuff. Plus, who knows how soon, but we will eventually have to get a new vehicle... can you say monthly payment? We haven't had one of those for years! But I still day dream about that house...
Ash will hopefully be going to pre-school for a couple of days out of the week. All the anxiety I felt about them growing up and being away form me, gone... Somehow, being home with them during the summer time has helped to lessen my feelings of wanting them to be near me ALL THE TIME... really near each other for any prolonged period of time. How is that drive to Bullfrog going to go?
The girls asked Mer to tell them a bedtime story last night. It was all about his cyst and the history of the cyst... they wanted to know about it, and asked that it be the topic of their bedtime story. They were quite intrigued. I had not a child wake me with nightmares of a cyst, or the ooze contained within, so I guess it was a winner of a bedtime story!
We stayed up kind of late talking. Those are always good times... we decided that Ashley is our Joe. We decided this after hearing her totally rip one in her sleep, and then laugh about it, in her sleep. She has also started this new thing of torturing Lynn. When they are in their room changing, she'll pull down her panties just enough that her butt crack is peeking out the top. She then turns it to Lynn and says, "Touch my butt Lynn!" And Lynn freaks out. So then it is funny to her, and Ash chases her around, running backwards with her butt pointing out, mind you, chanting, "Touch my butt! Touch my butt!" Great fun. She is our Joe. Such a teaser...
My scriptures were missing. In all of my house cleaning, which hasn't been done to my satisfaction the past couple of weeks, I found them. They were right in front of my face, but I guess it was that thing where you hypnotize yourself because you see it there so often, it's like it's not there...
I bought a new toy... a Swiffer Vac. I HATE trying to sweep my floors. I HATE EVEN MORE trying to vacuum them with my piece of crap vacuum and the attachment, being hunched-over like I am Quasimoto. It's also great fun to have the vacuum tip over on me from behind and either scratch up my ankle, or scare me to death with it whapping my behind. So, basically, I love my new little Swiffer Vac.
We also had FHE with Mer's family Monday. We all went to Lagoon and had a blast. Kaitlyn, MiKell, and I all rode the Sky Coaster. I'll post pics of that later.. it was SOOOO FUN! I wish Mer wouldn't be such a sissy and do it with me. He got panicky on top of the Rocket... I asked him last night if he was going to attempt wake boarding this year at Powell, he said he doesnt think his body can take it. I kind of amen-ed that one. I want to try so bad, but I worry about getting hurt and being out of commission. He said, "Yeah, I was scared that you were going to get messed up on the Sky Coaster and then I'd be solo." Glad he didn't give me that negativity when I was about to take the plunge!
Peyton is doing the cute eyes-squinted-gummy smile. I love it!
I am looking forward to having and enrichment night tonight and being nourished by the good word of Christie. She's awesome!
Now how was all that for random?

No comments: