Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Another day of "the cyst"drama...

Soooo... yesterday, Dixon took Merrill to InstaCare after work to get "the cyst" drained... he insisted on taking him, too bad he's not paying for it too. I do feel bad that Mer was in so much pain, but he even said, "It's gonna burst any minute." So, Dixon took Mer, and I stayed with the girls.
An antibiotic and pain prescription were given, Dixon took those in to get filled, but didn't get back in time to pick them up /:!... I said I could go and get them, so it kind of made me ornery. He said he'd get them this morning, needless to say, I picked them up this afternoon, after a follow-up appointment.
He saw Dr. Hall, "the kernel" doctor, who I really don't care for, zero confidence. Despite the fact that this is the third time this has happened, he wanted to do everything like it was the first, cultures and biopsies... the first time the doc just put in a drainage tube, and left it in, it fell out on it's own when all the goo was gone. This goofball, wants us to come in EVERYDAY to have him re-pack it. After seeing what kind of pain that puts Merrill through, I think we'll not do that everyday.
I just hate how every doctor has a different idea how to treat one thing, and this time, it just so happens to be my least favorite way.
So that goofball doc was who we got to go see for the follow-up today. The girl at the receptionist desk thought she was pretty straight forward with her assertive tone and all about what we were there for, then she brought up the co-pay... oh, no she di-n't!!! She doesn't know me or about all of my pent-up rage... I let her have it, a nicely as I could. "This is a "follow-up"... we already paid a co-pay..." She tried to argue it, but she gave up quickly. We got to endure the lovely wait, sarcastic... and once we got into a room, Merrill says it's all "off record"... "You're not going to blog about this..."
I'll just say, I have never seen him in so much pain. He took the rest of the day off to be drugged-up and loopy.
So here I am, a single mother, pretty much... the littlest things that he would help me with, getting the girls ready for bed, holding Peyton so I can free my hands for a sec when she is being "Peyton-Pissy-Pants", dressing himself... all gone. He is the "one-armed" man now.
Thanks MiKell for watching the girls so I could go with Mer today!!!
Now I stress about the bill that will one day come, even though I don't with other bills that come... and our deck.. oh, our deck that is half a deck... and not even stained...
It's supposed to rain... so now I have a half deck, covered with a tarp, and a one-armed husband.

6 comments:

BookwormMom said...

Min,

You can buy sterile packing at any medical supply store. And sterile swabs to use as packing tools. I'd be happy to come over every couple of days and repack it if it would save you guys....

You'll have to ask Cole about when he had to pack the Pylenidal cyst on my tailbone...it still gives him nightmares, but that's just because he hates medical stuff.

BookwormMom said...

OH, and packing it only really hurts for several days. After it starts to heal from the inside out, it drops to uncomfortable, to irritating, to tickly, to nothing.

stacy said...

seriously min, if there is anything i can do to lift the load let me know. i am only a call away!
if you need a brake from those little chublits i would love to take them, laundry and house cleaning i am pretty good at too! seriously though let me know!

Ashley and Devan said...

Oh poor Merill. I can't believe he's had three of these cysts. If you remember back in May Devan had one in an oh so uncomfortable spot. They are so painful.
So I already dropped the ball on the blogging contest. Bummer! I was just too tired to blog last night.

Six-Pack Momma said...

OWIE...poor guy! Ditto- if you need anything, let me know!

Brooke said...

I was hoping for a picture of merrills cyst... ewww but really cool!