Friday, April 11, 2008

Flashback Friday...

I found this page while searching for pics of Grandma... I must have done it in Junior High... pretty corny, eh?
We would go (still do...) camping every year to our Stake Camp. We always looked forward to our trip. All the traditional campfire fare, Wranglers, marshmallows, tin foil dinners, dutch oven cooking, especially Coke chicken and Sprite potatoes... yummm... That was one of the only times we ever got to have boxed cereal, we still have that big cooked-over-the-campfire breakfast too... Wheat Thins and Easy Cheese were another camping staple.

One year, after the little grocery store opened near the dam we went back and forth so much, (when there is convenience, it is amazing what you think you need...) we would get pop and more cereal. Dad woke up one morning, apparently unaware of how many times we'd gone back and bought more cereal, and said that the cereal must be having sex in the night because it was multiplying in the cupboards... hahaha... oh, dad!
So here's my fam on this ghetto page... Dad, a.k.a, "Mulitiman", at the campfire ("Mulitiman" because he knows how to do EVERYTHING...), Kevin and me together... I was a little tom-boy... still kinda am I guess... Ken in the backwards hat probably telling me not to take a pic of him... Mom sitting... I think we were going to the dam that day... and Joe in the stripes, probably the ONLY pic I have of him NOT giving me "the bird"...
Oh how I have advanced in my scrapping skills! And product has come a long way too...
I am so thankful for such good, caring friends
...

Last week, I got a surprise in my door... thanks Brooke...
There is a poem at the bottom:
"This is a very special gift
That you can never see.
The reason it's so special is
It's just for you from me.
Whenever you are lonely
Or even feeling blue,
You only have to hold this gift
And know I think of you.
You never can unwrap it.

Please keep the ribbon tied.

Just hold the box close to your heart
It's filled with love inside."
And I came home yesterday to find this card from Ally in Georgia...
I am so thankful for people who care about me and let me know! I have gotten so many nice phone calls and comments left too... Thanks Everybody!!!

Grandpa is so sad though... I pray for him every night.
A funny from our drive home yesterday... we helped Promise get the rest of the tan paint up so her dad can hang cabinets today... We are on I-84 and Ash is kind of paniky...
Ash- "Mom, dribe baster!" (that is "drive faster", in Ash speak...)

Me- "What's the matter? Do you have to go potty?"

Ash- "No... I have to scratch something."
Me- "Do you need to scratch your butt, your elbow?" Teasing her...

Ash- "No, I need to scratch a part of my ASS..."

I was laughing so hard, inside of course but my face was showing it, that I had to chill out before I could tell her that is a bad word... if you could only hear how she says it... you'd know why I laugh...

Both of those days coming home from Roy, where it had only rained, I found SNOW on my grass... Where is Spring?!?
And now, we relish the first day we've had to just be home this week...
Aaahhhhhh....

3 comments:

Brooke said...

I didn't even recognize you... that page is funny... Ashley cracks me up too!

Ally0005 said...

Cereal must be having sex just cracked me up. Love the little box with poem how sweet.To anwser your question you left on my blog, no I don't regret finding you, I love that I did. Tag me when ever you want, I love doing it.

Summer said...

when you have an itch, you gotta scratch it!!!